Eighth session of the Global Food Market Information Group
The eighth session of the Global Food Market Information Group took place at Expo Milan 2015. At the invitation of the Italian Government, country focal points gathered in the Expo Auditorium to discuss the latest market developments of AMIS crops and reviewed progress in collecting and harmonizing forecast information from AMIS participating countries.
The meeting opened with a special event on the Food Market Outlook - An AMIS Perspective for 2015/16, in which leading experts from AMIS participating countries presented the outlook for wheat, maize, rice and soybean markets (see below for a video presentation of the event).
- Joseph Glauber, International Food Policy Research Institute (watch presentation)
- Ann Berg, expert in capital markets and commodity futures (watch presentation)
- Eric Willems, DG Agriculture - European Commission (watch presentation)
- Seth Meyer, United States Department of Agriculture (watch presentation)
- Marcelo Fernandes Guimarães, Brazil Ministry of Agriculture (watch presentation)
- Romeo Recide, Philippine Statistics Authority (watch presentation)
- Programme of the special event: "Food Market Outlook - An AMIS Perspective for 2015/16"
- Picture gallery of the meeting
- Map indicating the position of the Expo Auditorium
AMIS Food Outlook Conference 2015: