AMIS > Market monitor > Soybean

Download latest report

AMIS Market Monitor

GEOGLAM

For more information on the AMIS Crop Monitor, please visit the website of GEOGLAM.

last release: July 2019

Crop Monitor

Pie chart description

Pie chart description

Each slice represents a country's share of total AMIS production (5-year average). Main producing countries (representing 95 percent of production) are shown individually, with the remaining 5 percent grouped into the “Other AMIS Countries” category. The proportion within each national slice is colored according to the crop conditions within a specific growing area; grey indicates that the respective area is out of season. Sections within each slide are weighted by the sub-national production statistics (5-year average) of the respective country. The section within each national slice also accounts for multiple cropping seasons (i.e. spring and winter wheat). When conditions are other than "favorable", icons are added that provide information on the key climatic drivers affecting conditions. For more information, please visit GEOGLAM.

  • In Argentina, harvest of spring-planted and summer-planted crops is almost complete with favourable to exceptional conditions in the main producing region. Heavy rainfall and flooding in the northern region has resulted in some reduction in harvestable area, however remaining crops are under favourable conditions.
  • In China, dry conditions in the northeast persist since sowing.
  • In the US, conditions remain primarily under watch due to the long-lasting wet spring.
  • In Canada, conditions remain mixed across the country due to delayed sowing and reduced crop development. Significant areas remain unsown in the main producing province of Ontario because of the excess soil moisture while areas in Manitoba have delayed emergence due to dry conditions.
  • In Ukraine, conditions are favourable in the western and central regions with adequate soil moisture, while dry to drought conditions are developing in the southern and eastern regions.