Download the Monitor

AMIS Market Monitor

GEOGLAM

For more information on the AMIS Crop Monitor, please visit the website of GEOGLAM.

last release: July 2018

Crop Monitor

Pie chart description

Pie chart description

Each slice represents a country's share of total AMIS production (5-year average). Main producing countries (representing 90 percent of production) are shown individually, with the remaining 10 percent grouped into the “Other AMIS Countries” category. The proportion within each national slice is colored according to the crop conditions within a specific growing area; grey indicates that the respective area is out of season. Sections within each slide are weighted by the sub-national production statistics (5-year average) of the respective country. The section within each national slice also accounts for multiple cropping seasons (i.e. spring and winter wheat). When conditions are other than "favorable", icons are added that provide information on the key climatic drivers affecting conditions. For more information, please visit GEOGLAM.

  • In China, conditions are favourable for single rice and early rice, which is in the heading to ripening stage.
  • In India, conditions are favourable as transplanting of the Kharif crop has begun in a few parts of the country while the majority of the crop is in the nursery stage.
  • In Indonesia, harvest of wet-season rice is wrapping up with favourable yields that are in line with the average. Sowing of dry-season rice in the main paddy producing provinces continues to be delayed due to low precipitation, forcing some farmers to switch to alternative crops.
  • In Viet Nam, winter-spring rice (dry-season rice) conditions are favourable as harvest begins in the north and is ongoing in the south. Yields are slightly above last year’s level with an increase in production estimated. Sowing of summer-autumn rice (wet-season rice) is continuing in the south under favourable conditions, albeit behind last year’s progress due to late harvest of dry-season rice.
  • In Thailand, wet-season rice sowing is ongoing under favourable conditions. An increase in total sown area is expected due to early and sufficient rainfall.
  • In the Philippines, wet-season rice sowing is ongoing under mostly favourable conditions, with the exception of the major rice producing regions in Luzon, which recently received heavy rains from typhoon Maliksi affecting sowing.
  • In the US, conditions are favourable.